The Queenscourt Children and Schools Support Team, (CaSST), consists of a small number of specialist palliative care professionals who liaise with schools trying to support children facing or dealing with the loss of someone close to them.
CaSST aims to:
• Visit schools to offer support to teaching and support staff, when and where needed, upon request
• Provide help with communication issues around death and dying
• Signpost to other services, and specialist intervention tailored to individual needs
• Provide information on the building and implementation of organisational and individual strategies to help bereaved children and those facing loss.
• Facilitate study days for professionals dealing with children.
• Provide information about the bereavement process, including recognition of normal and abnormal grief.
If you would like more information please contact Alison Fossard, PA to Dr K Groves, on 01704 544645