Children & School Support Team
The Queenscourt Children and Schools Support Team
The Queenscourt Children and Schools Support Team, (CaSST), consists of a small number of specialist palliative care professionals who liaise with schools trying to support children facing or dealing with the loss of someone close to them.
CaSST aims to:
- Visit schools to offer support to teaching and support staff, when and where needed, upon request
- Provide help with communication issues around death and dying
- Signpost to other services, and specialist intervention tailored to individual needs
- Provide information on the building and implementation of organisational and individual strategies to help bereaved children and those facing loss.
- Facilitate study days for professionals dealing with children.
- Provide information about the bereavement process, including recognition of normal and abnormal grief.
If you would like more information please contact 01704 544645