The post holder will ensure the smooth running of I.T. and Telecommunications Support within Queenscourt Hospice. The post holder’s main duties will be to provide technical helpdesk and support, staff training, troubleshooting, system access and purchasing, building and installing new equipment.
The post holder will need to have previous experience of working in an ICT support role, be able to solve complex IT issue and have the ability to manage conflicting workload priorities with strong organisation skills.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Midnight, Wednesday 20th September 2023
Interviews to be held on Friday 6th October 2023
If sufficient response is received this advert could be closed earlier than the specified closing date, so please apply as soon as possible to ensure that your application is considered.
To apply, please fill in the application form above and email it to email@example.com or for further information or for an informal conversation, please contact Sarah Duffy on 01704 544645
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, rising to 29 and 30 at respective 5 and 10 year anniversaries
- We recognise NHS service in respect of holidays, sickness and salary.
- We support NHS Pensions contributions for those with eligibility.
- Enhanced maternity, Paternity, adoption and shared parental leave.
- Occupational sickness scheme
- Access to offers and discounts (including Blue Light Cards)
- A comprehensive induction program with ongoing training and development
- Career progression opportunities
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free on-site parking.
- Supportive, employee focussed policies along with a wealth of well-being initiatives.
- Working in a modern, bright, and welcoming environment.
- Subsidised staff meals.
- Staff receive excellent support and supervision from our management team.
37.5 hours, Permanent
£25,469 - £28,135 per annum/pro rata (Dependant on Experience)
20 September 2023