Healthcare Assistant (Queenscourt at Home)
We have several positions available for Healthcare Assistants to join the Queenscourt at Home team. Following a comprehensive induction, the post holder will be expected to work unsupervised, with confidence as a lone worker in the patients’ home and be able to communicate effectively and work alongside all members of the primary healthcare team. You will deliver a range of patient care duties as indicated by the Queenscourt Co-ordinator providing support to patients and their families enabling them to remain at home at the end of life.
The post holders will need to have experience of caring within the community and experience of caring for palliative care patients at end of life. The post holders will also need to be able to demonstrate empathy and communicate clearly and effectively about death and dying with patients, families, and healthcare professionals. Flexibility around available hours to work both day and night shifts is essential.
A car driver is essential for this role.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Midnight, Sunday 15th October 2023.
If sufficient response is received this advert could be closed earlier than the specified closing date, so please apply as soon as possible to ensure that your application is considered.
To apply, please fill in the application form above and email it to email@example.com or for further information or for an informal conversation, please contact Fiona Mee or Julie Davidson on 01704 517929
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, rising to 29 and 30 at respective 5 and 10 year anniversaries
- We recognise NHS service in respect of holidays, sickness and salary.
- We support NHS Pensions contributions for those with eligibility.
- Enhanced maternity, Paternity, adoption and shared parental leave.
- Occupational sickness scheme
- Access to offers and discounts (including Blue Light Cards)
- A comprehensive induction program with ongoing training and development
- Career progression opportunities
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance program (EAP)
- Free on-site parking.
- Supportive, employee focussed policies along with a wealth of wellbeing initiatives.
- Working in a modern, bright, and welcoming environment.
- Subsidised staff meals.
- Staff receive excellent support and supervision from our management team.
Please note – Any applicants for roles at Queenscourt Hospice must be authorised to work in the UK. We are not able to offer sponsorship to work in the UK at this time. Due to the size of our organisation and the nature of our business, it is critical that we fill vacancies quickly therefore the successful candidate will need to be able to provide evidence of right to work in the UK. As a registered charity we are also unable to offer financial relocation packages.
Full Time and/or Part Time (Permanent and Fixed Term) and Bank Positions available
£22,510 - £24,253 per annum/pro rata (Dependant on Experience)
15 October 2023