Head of Finance
Queenscourt Hospice is an independent charity that provides free, specialist palliative care for the people of Southport, Formby and West Lancashire. We care for patients with advanced progressive, illnesses, helping them to achieve the best possible quality of life.
Head of Finance
£48,378 – £53,752 per annum, pro rata (Dependant on Experience)
Permanent, 30 – 37.5 hours
Location: Southport, Merseyside
We are looking for someone with strong ethics, who understands the charitable ethos of working with volunteers and understands the importance of a positive and flexible approach to work.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- day-to-day accounting and financial management of the charity ensuring financial integrity of the organisation.
- provision of technical and statutory financial information to support the Trustees, Directors and budget holders.
- design and delivery of impact reports and the presentation of objective, financially based, ethical advice to influence strategic planning.
- preparation of statutory year end accounts to audit.
- line management of the team.
The post-holder will be qualified to Level 4 AAT (Diploma or accounting equivalent) and have experience within a senior financial leadership role. Experience in production of management and year end accounts is crucial to this role, as is experience in the strategising, planning and forecasting of financial reports and data including budgets, cashflow and impact reports. The successful applicant will have advanced Microsoft Excel skills, along with experience of financial services software.
Closing date for applications is Midnight Sunday 18th February 2024
Interviews will take place on Monday 26th February 2024
Please contact Debbie Lawson on 01704 517926 for more information or an informal chat.
If sufficient response is received this advert could be closed earlier than the specified closing date, so please apply as soon as possible to ensure that your application is considered.
Are you Interested?
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, rising to 29 and 30 at respective 5 and 10 year anniversaries
- We recognise NHS service in respect of holidays, sickness and salary
- We support NHS Pensions contributions for those with eligibility3
- Enhanced maternity, Paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Occupational sickness scheme
- Access to offers and discounts (including Blue Light Cards)
- A comprehensive induction program with ongoing training and development
- Career progression opportunities
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance program (EAP)
- Free on-site parking
- Supportive, employee focussed policies along with a wealth of wellbeing initiatives
- Working in a modern, bright, and welcoming environment
- Subsidised staff meals
- Staff receive excellent support and supervision from our management team
Please note – Any applicants for roles at Queenscourt Hospice must be authorised to work in the UK. We are not able to offer sponsorship to work in the UK at this time. Due to the size of our organisation and the nature of our business, it is critical that we fill vacancies quickly therefore the successful candidate will need to be able to provide evidence of right to work in the UK. As a registered charity we are also unable to offer financial relocation packages.
30 - 37.5 hours
£48,378 - £53,752 per annum/pro rata (Dependant on Experience)
18 February 2024