North West Learning Collaborative Network Mayfly Advance Care Planning Facilitator Training
- You have been identified by your organisation to train others in Advance Care Planning
- You are currently required to educate and support staff in your role
- You have clinical or practical experience of supporting front line staff in Advance Care Planning
- It is planned for you to become an Advance Care Planning Champion in your own workplace
- You need the skills and knowledge to train and support others in planning for future care
- You have been nominated to facilitate the Mayfly Advance Care Planning and Communication programme
- Virtual Provider: The Terence Burgess Education Centre at Queenscourt Hospice, Town Lane, Southport, Merseyside, PR8 6RE
- Date: 27 – 28 March 2024 via Zoom
- Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Price: This course is funded for eligible individuals
Tel: 01704 517920
Organisation: West Lancs, Southport & Formby Palliative Care Services
If you would like to join this course please contact the Terence Burgess Education Centre
A Concert for Queenscourt
‘A Concert for Queenscourt’ is a brand-new theatre show, which showcases the very best of songs from Stage and Screen. The Queenscourt Musical Theatre Company are bringing a plethora of incredible local talent to the stage of Ormskirk Civic Hall on 19th + 20th July 2024. There will be something for everyone and all to raise money for Queenscourt. We would love to see you in our audience!
My Dad The Magician
Local Author Damian Powell, has written a helpful and heart-warming book about a family facing a devastating cancer diagnosis, and how the parent directly affected deals with the dilemma of how best to communicate with their children about the illness. This inspiring and ultimately life-affirming book tells the story of seven-year-old Eric, a happy-go-lucky child who lives with his parents and teenage sister. Eric has a very strong bond with his dad, whom he considers his best friend, and the story unfolds as Eric begins to realise that his beloved dad is not his usual self. Eric struggles to understand the changing dynamic with his dad and the wider family.
International Women’s Day Celebration
On Friday 8th March 2024, The Grand in Southport will be the setting for a glamorous afternoon dedicated to celebrating true equality for all. This fully inclusive event is not just a celebration, but also a meaningful initiative, as all proceeds from the day will be donated to Queenscourt Hospice.
Introduction to End of Life Care for Southport & Ormskirk Hospital Registered Nurses
A day focusing on End of Life Care