Specialty Doctor in Palliative Medicine
We are excited to offer a new Palliative Care Doctor position to support the delivery of a new service. We have up to a full-time (10 sessions) position available but are happy to consider applications for part time working.
The post holder will work 8.30 -17.00, on agreed days, to include Monday and Tuesday. There will be some weekend working to cover leave.
This is an opportunity for any doctor who has completed CMT (or equivalent) or specialist training who wishes to expand their role or gain experience in palliative medicine. You will work alongside experienced doctors as part of a multi-professional team to provide holistic care to patients living with life-limiting illness. The post holder will work initially on the inpatient unit with opportunity to work with the hospital and community facing teams as experience is developed.
The post-holder will be expected to participate fully in clinical activities, quality improvement work and the teaching programme, which includes clinical supervision and formal teaching for undergraduate medical students, GP VTS doctors and other health and social care professionals.
Job Descriptions and Person Specifications for both levels of applicant are attached. The main duties are similar regardless of experience. However, those with less experience will be supervised as required and supported to undertake all duties expected. Support for continuing professional and educational development will be provided.
Full GMC Registration and current membership of a medical defence organisation is essential. A successful candidate (speciality doctor) will have at least 5 years relevant post registration experience and have successfully completed a membership examination e.g., MRCP, MRCGP, and have a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT). Experience in General Practice and/or palliative medicine is desirable but not essential. A successful candidate (medical officer) will have a minimum for 4 years postgraduate experience.
Closing Date: 30th April 2023
To apply, please fill in the application form which can be supported by a CV. Please note that we require a full employment history upon application due to being a registered provider.
Please contact Dr Clare Finnegan, Interim Medical Director / Consultant in Palliative Medicine or Dr Tim Jones, Deputy Medical Director / Specialty Doctor in Palliative Medicine on 01704 517922
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, rising to 29 and 30 at respective 5 and 10 year anniversaries
- We recognise NHS service in respect of holidays, sickness and salary.
- We support NHS Pensions contributions for those with eligibility.
- Enhanced maternity, Paternity, adoption and shared parental leave.
- Occupational sickness scheme
- Access to offers and discounts (including Blue Light Cards)
- A comprehensive induction program with ongoing training and development
- Career progression opportunities
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance program (EAP)
- Free on-site parking.
- Supportive, employee focussed policies along with a wealth of wellbeing initiatives.
- Working in a modern, bright, and welcoming environment.
- Subsidised staff meals.
- Staff receive excellent support and supervision from our management team.
Full or Part Time positions available (0.6 – 1.0FTE) Fixed term 12 month
Salary dependent on experience. (Medical Officer Grade starting salary from £51k inc. of on-call enhancements) (Palliative Care Specialty Doctor starting salary between £78k to £86k inc. of on-call enhancements)
30 April 2023