PA/ Medical Secretary to Medical Director
Queenscourt Hospice is an independent charity that provides free, specialist palliative care for the people of Southport, Formby and West Lancashire. We care for patients with advanced progressive, illnesses, helping them to achieve the best possible quality of life.
P.A/Medical Secretary to Medical Director
£29,745 – £34,932 per annum, pro-rata (Dependent on Experience)
37.5 hours per week, Permanent.
Location: Southport, Merseyside.
The post holder will provide a comprehensive, confidential, accurate and timely secretarial and PA service to the Medical Director and medical team within Queenscourt. The post holder will be expected to work with the minimum of supervision and co-ordinate his/her activities in order that an efficient service is provided. The post holder will be expected to work under his/her own initiative working alongside the other Personal Assistant/Medical Secretary.
The post holder will carry out the duties in such a way as to make a direct and positive contribution to the organisation and to maximise the most effective use of time. It is essential that the post holder exercise initiative commensurate with the role and vital that confidentiality be maintained at all times when dealing with patient and personal information.
Closing date for applications is midnight 18th February 2024
If sufficient response is received this advert could be closed earlier than the specified closing date, so please apply as soon as possible to ensure that your application is considered.
To apply, please fill in the application form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or for further information or for an informal conversation, please contact Dr Clare Finnegan on 01704 517922
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, rising to 29 and 30 at respective 5 and 10 year anniversaries
- We recognise NHS service in respect of holidays, sickness and salary.
- We support NHS Pensions contributions for those with eligibility.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave.
- Occupational sickness scheme
- Access to offers and discounts (including Blue Light Cards)
- A comprehensive induction program with ongoing training and development
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance program (EAP)
- Free on-site parking.
- Supportive, employee focused policies along with a wealth of wellbeing initiatives.
- Working in a modern, bright, and welcoming environment.
- Subsidised staff meals.
- Staff receive excellent support and supervision from our management team.
Please note – Any applicants for roles at Queenscourt Hospice must be authorised to work in the UK. We are not able to offer sponsorship to work in the UK at this time. Due to the size of our organisation and the nature of our business, it is critical that we fill vacancies quickly therefore the successful candidate will need to be able to provide evidence of right to work in the UK. As a registered charity we are also unable to offer financial relocation packages.
Permanent 37.5 hours
£29,745 - £34,932 per annum/pro rata (Dependant on Experience)
18 February 2024