Opening the Spiritual Gate: Raising Awareness
A day for those caring for patients with palliative needs
- To explore the meanings of spirituality and religion
- To consider how to recognise spiritual and religious distress and what may be helpful in dealing with it
- To raise the awareness of the needs of different faith traditions or religious groups and rites of passage
- To consider a simple communication model which will facilitate difficult conversations
- To consider how to document conversations about spiritual and religious issues and develop a spiritual care plan
- To be aware of the emotional impact of this work and the support needed for staff
- Virtual Provider: The Terence Burgess Education Centre at Queenscourt Hospice, Town Lane, Southport, Merseyside, PR8 6RE
- Date: 7 December 2023 via Zoom
- Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Price: £50.00 per person
Tel: 01704 517920
Organisation: West Lancs, Southport & Formby Palliative Care Services
If you would like to join this course please contact the Terence Burgess Education Centre or you can book online
A beautiful game
Individual Card with message "Happy Birthday"
Keys to Opening the Spiritual Gate
Training facilitators to deliver the Opening the Spiritual Gate course
Festive Friends on the Farm – Burscough
One of our two Lancashire area local scene Christmas cards is an artist's impression of The Farm at Burscough, on a snowy, winter's day. The scene is set with a beautiful Christmas tree, festive snowman and decorations, and a family feeding some special Reindeer visitors. Farm dogs are joining in the fun too! Pack of 10 cards and envelopes.
Flocking to the King
This picture on this Christmas card shows a deep blue starry night sky, with the baby Jesus swaddled and nestled in straw in a wooden manger. He is in the centre under the bright star of Bethlehem, with four sheep watching over him. It reads 'Glory to the new born king' on the front. Pack of 10 cards and envelopes.