queenscourt hospice logo200

linkedin squaretwitter squareinsta squarefacebook square

Telephone: 01704 544645
Address: Town Lane, Southport, PR8 6RE

A bumper charity Christmas Tree Collection has enabled us to reach out and give a much-needed funding boost to fellow local charity, Twinkle House.

Back in January a team of Queenscourt Hospice volunteers joined forces with Just Helping - a charity that works together with hospices, businesses and volunteers to collect and recycle real Christmas trees and raise money for good causes. The resulting Christmas tree collection, which was available to residents across Southport in return for a charitable donation, was a huge success and volunteers collected more than 1,000 Christmas trees, raising a total of £11,724.01. (after operating costs and including Gift Aid)

In all, 90% of the money raised, a total of £10,551.61 went to the Queenscourt Hospice and the hospice designated the remaining 10% to go to Twinkle House in Skelmersdale.

Twinkle House is a wellness and sensory centre that provides free support sessions for children and young people with disabilities and additional needs. The charity also provides a range of sensory rooms and a hydrotherapy pool for all ages, as well as sleep counselling, therapeutic dance, yoga and mindfulness sessions for children and young people up to the age of 19-years-old. Since opening in 2004, Twinkle has provided practical and emotional one-to-one support to hundreds of children and families each year.

The money provided by the Christmas Tree Collection will help to fund the wide range of services that Twinkle House provides, including its hydrotherapy pool.

On presenting the £1,172.40 charity donation to the Twinkle House team, our Community Fundraiser, Rachel Kennedy said, “We’re delighted that this year’s Christmas Tree Collection has been able to benefit another charity as well as Queenscourt Hospice. Twinkle House is a charity that bears many similarities to ours. Like Queenscourt Hospice, it was set up by members of the local community for the local community, and it places a focus on supporting families and loved ones. We want to say an enormous thank-you to everyone who helped to make the Christmas Tree Collection such a success.”

The funding raised for Queenscourt Hospice through the 2019 Christmas Tree Collection will help to ensure the charity can continue to provide free, high-quality care for the people of Southport, Formby and West Lancs. The hospice cares for patients with far advanced, progressive, incurable illnesses, enabling them to achieve the best possible quality of life at each new stage.

The next Christmas Tree Collection will take place over the 10th, 11th and 12th January 2020. Anyone wishing to register their details to receive further information regarding the collection should contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call 01704 517420.